Renting the Community Center of La Canada Flintridge
The Community Center was built in 1949, and has been utilized by community groups and organizations as a place to meet, hold events, and teach classes.
The Community Center is available for rent. Please contact us at 818/790-4353 if your organization is interested in scheduling an event, rehearsal, or class at the Community Center. We do not rent the facilities out for birthday parties, bridal or baby showers, retirement parties etc. We do not provide Wi-Fi or any internet services. To view the facilities please make an appointment.
Room Rentals are inexpensive compared to other venues in the Foothill area. We have a number of rooms which can be utilized.
Main Room: $130 per hour. 2 hour minimum.
The Main Room features a large ballroom/auditorium with a large stage.
Creative Arts Room: $80 per hour. 2 hour minimum.
The Creative Arts Room is located behind the Main Room. This space room gets a lot of natural light and is spacious. It includes a sink which helps to accommodate art classes. It's perfect for Yoga & Mat Pilates classes, board meetings, seminars, trainings and committees. Supplied with a whiteboard.
Room 1: $30 per hour. 2 hour minimum.
This is a room used mostly for instructional classes. It is normally furnished with card tables and chairs because this is where our neighborhood seniors play bridge in the afternoon. Supplied with a whiteboard.
Room 2: $30 per hour. 2 hour minimum.
A bit smaller than Room 1, this is room is also used for instructional classes. Supplied with a whiteboard.
Kitchen: $45 per hour – to be used in conjunction with the Main Room for special events. It is not rented separately.
Basketball Court: $35 per hour – to be used in conjunction with the Main Room for special events. It is not rented separately.
If possible, the Community Center will consider a discounted fee if the Renter is using the facility on an on-going basis or signs a long-term Facility Rental Agreement.
Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops can use the rooms free of charge, Monday through Friday 3:30pm-4:30pm, if available.
About Renting the Community Center
1. Community Center programs and classes have first priority over all other scheduled events.
2. Renters / Potential Renters should contact the Main Office to confirm the upcoming schedule. The Community Center tries to block rooms approximately 6 months in advance. Just because a group has had a certain day time in the past doesn’t guarantee that same/day will be available. Please allow as much time as possible.
3. Facility Rental Agreements are prepared for each Renter.
4. Renters must abide by the Facility Rental Agreements. Any breaches in the Agreement will result in the Community Center voiding the Agreement.
5. A cleaning/damage deposit of two hundred and fifty dollars ($250.00) is required (the “Event Deposit”) to hold the reservation and is refunded upon satisfactory clean-up, if all policies and requirements are followed, and if there is no damage to the facility or equipment.
6. Renters will be charged for any damages resulting from the Renter’s use.
7. Renters shall not interfere with regularly scheduled Community Center programs and classes.
8. The Community Center may add an additional $100 janitorial fee if the type of event so deems it necessary.
9. The Community Center reserves the right to increase the rental prices.
10. If it is necessary to have an employee on duty during a special event, a $50 per hour charge will be collected before the event.
11. Renters will need to furnish an insurance policy to cover their event. As well as any additional fees or permits needed.