Thanksgiving Day Run & Food Drive
2017 Online results. https://results.chronotrack.com/event/results/event/event-33000
Thursday, November 22nd, 2018
Join us for our 5K Run and 1 Mile Kids’ Run on Thursday morning, November 22nd. The Run & Food Drive is a major fundraiser for the Community Center and proceeds are used to support our year round programs. For over 25 years as many as 2,000 participants annually have run along Foothill Boulevard at this popular event.
Thanksgiving Day 5K Run
The Thanksgiving Day 5K Run/Walk has been a local tradition and a community favorite with families, athletes, and community supporters of all types for two decades. The race is professionally timed, and begins promptly at 8:30am at Memorial Park in La Cañada. Please bring non-perishable food items with you on race day for the food drive.
- 5K Early Bird Special: $35 (includes t-shirt) Early Bird price expires September 30th.
- 5K Regular Price: $40 (includes t-shirt) ENDS: November 21st.
- 5K On-Site Registration: $45 (t-shirts are subject to availability)
1 Mile Kids’ Run
This family fun event is perfect for children 12 and under. Parents are encouraged to run alongside registered children at no additional cost. Kids will receive a t-shirt before the race and an award as they cross the finish line! The 1 Mile Kids’ Run will begin promptly at 9:30am at Memorial Park in La Cañada. Please bring non-perishable food items with you on race day.
- Kids’ Mile Early Bird Special: $15 (includes kids t-shirt & award) Early Bird price expires September 30.
- Kids’ Mile Regular Price: $20 (includes kids t-shirts & award) ENDS: November 21st.
- Kids’ Mile On-Site Registration: $25 (t-shirts are subject to availability
About the Thanksgiving Day Food Drive
The Community Center spearheads the largest Food Drive in the Foothill communities. Canned food is collected during the month of November at locations in La Cañada, La Crescenta and Montrose. Non-perishable food donations are distributed by the Crescenta Valley Sheriff’s Station to local families in need. In 2017, the food collected served over 160 families.