COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan and Protocols
Based on directives given to us by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health in the Safer at Work and in the Community health order on June 11, 2020 we are permitted to open and operate at limited capacity and with physical distancing and infection control measures in place. The following is CCLCF’s COVID-19 prevention plan. These policies are in place for all employees, renters, guests, and other staff while at the CCLCF.
- All Employees, Instructors, Renters, Participants and Guests must self-assess for symptoms of illness before coming to the Community Center each day. This assessment should include:
- Taking your temperature. Any temperature over 100.4 is considered by the CDC to be a fever.
- Screening for symptoms of COVID-19 including:
- Fever or chills, shortness of breath, cough, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, congestion, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- If you are sick, have a fever, or are experiencing any of these symptoms, you are not permitted to come to the Center. If you need further information about COVID-19 and its symptoms please visit –https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
- If at any time while at CCLCF you begin to experience symptoms of COVID-19, you must inform a staff member immediately, go home, and self-isolate.
- A Wellness Screening may be administered by a CCLCF staff member upon your arrival and each Instructor should administer a screening for each student or guest they are hosting when they arrive at the Community Center. This may include:
- Taking their temperature
- Answering a Wellness Screening questionnaire (provided) regarding your level of exposure to COVID-19 outside of the Community Center.
- You may be asked to share any information you gather in your Wellness Screening questionnaire with CCLCF Staff. It should otherwise be kept confidential.
- Everyone must participate in a check-in process to account for their attendance at the Center. This should include name, date, and acknowledgement that a Wellness Questionnaire was administered. Check-in information will be saved for at least 14 days from when you check in. This will allow CCLCF to track those who visited the Center and be able to identify all their contacts while they were on the premises should they test positive for COVID-19.
- If you know someone in your family, class or program has tested positive for COVID-19, notify CCLCF staff immediately at (818)-790-4353 or email@example.com
- All Employees, Instructors, Renters, Participants and Guests must always wear a face covering or mask when at the Center. This mask can be non-medical and disposable or fabric.
- Masks may be provided by CCLCF if you are not able to provide your own.
- All Employees, Instructors, Renters, Participants and Guests must wash their hands frequently while at the Center.
- Hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol will be available throughout the Center and can be used if handwashing is not accessible.
- The Community Center was professionally cleaned and disinfected in its entirety prior to re-opening. It will be professionally cleaned and disinfected 5 nights a week on a regular basis including bathrooms and high-touch areas.
- We encourage all Employees, Instructors, Renters, Participants and Guests to use the disinfecting and cleaning products provided by CCLCF whenever possible. Cleaning procedures should include but are not limited to:
- Disinfecting desks, chairs, and other high-touch surfaces like basic office supplies, doorknobs, light switches, shared equipment, and tools by wiping with disinfecting cleaner like Clorox cleaner with bleach, alcohol, or a similar product.
- Use of the CCLCF kitchen, including, the sink, microwave, fridge, stove, and the toaster will be permitted for staff use only (renters and Instructors with special permission) and must be disinfected after every use with disinfectant spray or wipes.
- The Kitchen must be kept extremely clean. If it is not maintained it will be off limits to all.
- All Employees, Instructors, Renters, Participants and Guests must maintain physical distancing of at least 6’ apart at all times while at the Community Center. This includes:
- Spacing chairs, tables, common areas and workspaces at least 6’ apart.
- All activities and collaborative efforts must be done while maintaining physical distance. This includes:
- Demonstrations, orientations, meetings, services, physical activities etc.
- Numbers of people in one space at a time should be limited to allow for proper physical distance through all programming and events.
A copy of the LA County Department of Public Health Safer at Work and in the Community Protocol for Social Distancing: Appendix A identifying the steps the Community Center of La Canada Flintridge is taking to ensure employee and guest safety is posted outside the main office service window and can be provided upon request.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or the steps that CCLCF is taking to maintain your safety while at the Center, please contact Ethan Stern (Executive Director) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (818)790-4353.