The Community Center of La Cañada Flintridge is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization established in 1949. Originally known as the La Cañada Youth House and built entirely by volunteers, it has served the needs of thousands of children and adults alike. It offers a variety of enriching, recreational and educational opportunities for members of the La Cañada community and surrounding areas.
Since its inception in the 1940’s, the La Cañada Youth House was built specifically to give service to kids. It has now expanded to include all age groups in the local community. The original mission was to give service through volunteers, to promote, foster and nurture volunteers, to rely on and to thrive on the work of those volunteers. The Center invested heavily in volunteers for providing time and expertise, and the community has reaped the benefits of those investments many times over. As a result, the Center has a 60 year history of community service for education, cultural, and recreational programs. Over the years, the Youth House evolved to the Roger Barkley Community Center and is now known as the Community Center of La Cañada Flintridge.