Renting the Community Center of La Canada Flintridge
The Community Center was built in 1949, and has been utilized by community groups and organizations as a place to meet, hold events, and teach classes.
The Community Center is available for rent. Please contact us at 818/790-4353 if your organization is interested in scheduling and event, rehearsal, or class at the Community Center.
Room Rentals are inexpensive compared to pricey hotels or other venues in the Foothill area. We have a number of rooms which can be utilized.
Main Room: $130 per hour / $80 per hour for nonprofit organizations.
The Main Room features a large ballroom/auditorium with a large stage.
Creative Arts Room: $80 per hour / $50 per hour for nonprofit organizations.
The newly-renovated Creative Arts Room is located behind the Main Room. It’s sunny and spacious and has a sink which helps to accommodate art classes. It's perfect for yoga classes, pilates classes, board meetings, baby showers and catered lunches.
Room 1: $25 per hour.
This is a room used mostly for instructional classes. It is normally furnished with card tables and chairs because this is where our neighborhood seniors play bridge in the afternoon. There is a whiteboard.
Room 2: $25 per hour.
A bit smaller than Room 1, this is room is also used for instructional classes. There is a whiteboard.
Flintridge Board Room: $25 per hour.
This is the perfect room for board meetings and committee meetings.
Kitchen: $35 flat fee – to be used in conjunction with the Main Room for special events. It is not rented separately.
Basketball Court: $35 flat fee – to be used in conjunction with the Main Room for special events. It is not rented separately.
If possible, the Community Center will consider a discounted fee if the Renter is using the facility on an on-going basis or signs a longer-term Facility Rental Agreement.
Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops can use the rooms free of charge, if available.
About Renting the Community Center
1. Community Center programs and classes have first priority over all other scheduled events.
2. Renters / Potential Renters should contact the Main Office to confirm the upcoming schedule. The Community Center tries to block rooms approximately 4 months in advance. Just because a group has had a certain day time doesn’t guarantee that same/day will be available. Please allow as much time as possible.
3. Facility Rental Agreements are prepared for each Renter.
4. Renters must abide by the Facility Rental Agreements. Any breaches in the Agreement will result in the Community Center voiding the Agreement.
5. On some occasions, a $100 deposit is held until the end of the event. Once the key is returned and the room is inspected, the deposit will be returned. If the key is not returned within 1 week of the end of the Facility Rental Agreement, the $100 deposit will not be returned, even if the key is returned at a later date.
6. Renters will be charged for any damages resulting from the Renter’s use.
7. Renters shall not interfere with regularly scheduled Community Center programs and classes.
8. The Community Center may add an additional $30 janitorial fee if the type of event so deems it necessary.
9. The Community Center reserves the right to increase the rental prices.
10. If it is necessary to have an employee on duty during a special event, a $40 per hour charge will be collected before the event.