Code of Conduct
The Community Center of La Cañada Flintridge (hereinafter “CCLCF”) is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for everyone, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in programs.
We expect persons using CCLCF to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct outlines prohibited actions, but the actions listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs.
· Abusing or unlawfully using alcohol or other controlled substances on CCLCF property
· Carrying or concealing a weapon or any item intended to be used as a weapon
· Smoking on CCLCF property—CCLCF is a smoke-free environment.
· Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any type of menacing behavior.
· Unwanted physical contact with another person.
· Verbally abusive or offensive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling or shouting.
· Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
· Inappropriate, immodest or sexually revealing attire.
· Theft or behavior that results in the intentional destruction or loss of property.
· Loitering within or on the grounds of CCLCF.
Consequences of failing to observe the Code of Conduct are:
1. Major offense: If a major offense has occurred that requires law enforcement intervention, the participant may, at the discretion of CCLCF, be asked to leave immediately. Depending on the violation committed, the participant may, at the discretion of CCLCF, be permanently expelled from CCLCF. Law enforcement may be contacted for any threat or incident of assault or for willful destruction or theft of property or for any other possible criminal activity.
2. First offense: Participants violating the CCLCF Code of Conduct for the first time will be given a verbal warning by a CCLCF staff member and documentation of the occurrence will be on file. During discussion of the violation, possible consequences of any additional violation, including suspension and/or expulsion will take place.
3. Subsequent offense(s): A second or subsequent violation of the CCLCF Code of Conduct will result in a meeting with the CCLCF Staff member and the Executive Director. Consequences of any subsequent violation may include suspension and/or permanent expulsion at the discretion of the CCLCF. Suspensions, if imposed, may vary in length according to the discretion of the CCLCF. If suspension is imposed, any further violations will result in permanent expulsion from CCLCF.
4. Depending upon the severity of the offense, suspension or expulsion may be enforced after the first or second offense.